What our warranties cover
In most cases, Shield offer a warranty for each battery sold against failure owing to manufacturing defects. The length of the Warranty will depend on the battery supplied. What you can be sure of is that Shield only manufactures and supplies batteries made to the highest of standards and quality. Shield is the UK distributor for Crown, Duracell, Sterling and many more and in addition to our own manufacture, we have confidence in the quality of our products. Our manufacturing warranty warrants that the Goods shall: (a) conform in all material respects with their description; and (b) be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship.
Warranties for Shield Batteries
The Manufacturing Warranty does NOT cover……
- Fair wear and tear, physical damage, sulphation, over discharge, over charging or under charging.
- Failure to follow the instruction manual.
- Negligent or improper storage, use or installation.
- Unauthorised modifications to the battery.
- Multi-shift vehicle use, including, but not limited to, taxis, mini-cabs or modified vehicles.
- The use of so-called "means of improvement".
- A discharged battery that can be recharged and returned to service.
- A failure that occurs outside the United Kingdom.
The Warranty does not cover
- The cost of recharging or the use of rental batteries, vehicles or items associated.
- Labour costs for battery removal and installation.
- Loss of time, loss of vehicle or item use or consequential loss.
Warranties are not transferable.